Having been tagged by the enormously talented RAY CLULEY, I offer the following for your consideration:
1. What is the working title of your next book?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I wanted to write a tale about a small, insular community. The idea, as always, took on a form of its own, slowly gathered momentum and began to coalesce into a meaningful narrative. The story of Aggie, Kit and Mr Slovodkin grew from that...
3. What genre does your book fall under?
4. What actors would you choose to play the main characters in a movie rendition?
Not sure about the kids. Jeremy Irons for Mr Slovodkin.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
In the country, everyone can hear you scream...
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Published in 2013 by Andy Cox's TTA Press.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
I'm not fortunate enough to write full-time, so about three months.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Think Kes crossed with The Body being ridden hard by The Snowman's Children.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
The stories of Tobias Wolff and Dan Chaon.
10. What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?
As much as anything, Country Dark is about friendship and the loss of innocence. Themes we can all relate to; themes I continue to explore...
So many great writers have already been tagged for this project, but there is one glaring omission: the immensely gifted GEMMA FILES.
Tag, Gemma; you're it...
Check out her site HERE.
I would also like to point you in the direction of a writer who I strongly believe will be THE NEXT BIG THING, simply because she stands head and shoulders above her contemporaries:
Do yourself a favour. Visit her site HERE and buy her books. You can thank me later...